However, there was no business network that:
- held free, regular events.
- allowed any employee to join, from Apprentice to Director.
- accepted any organisation, big or small, from any industry and any sector.
- focused on all areas of environmental sustainability, not just carbon.
- motivated like-minded employees and business owners into action, while introducing local experts to help guide their journey.
Fortunately, I worked for an organisation with 225 years’ experience of business collaboration within Greater Manchester. I was able to set up the GM Business Green Scene to help business owners and employees collaborate towards a more sustainable Greater Manchester.
The best thing is, we're able to do this for free.
Before you start, understand what your business' strengths are and how they can facilitate your goals. While planning the initiative, constantly keep note of individuals and organisations that you can collaborate with. This means when you launch, you can reengage with people who can promote you within their networks. Collaboration is key.
- Number of free events held
- Number of attendees at events
- Number of partner collaborations undertaken