We have hundreds of members from in and out of the Brighton & Hove area – together we’ve already built more than £3million of community-funded solar PV.
BEC was inspired by a trip to the Paris Climate Change Conference COP21 back in 2015 by BEC Director, Will Cottrell:
Brighton Energy Co-op's Will Cottrell - ideas for marketing your community energy project
A lot of useful research is contained in this award-winning MSc dissertation done by a SPRU researcher from Sussex University, who shadowed BEC for a couple of years.
- Amount of solar electric produced: 3325mWh
- Number of educational facilities given free solar.
- Number of local businesses given free solar.
- Amount of £s saved by our solar partners.
- Number of solar-connected EV chargers.
- Number of educational facilities in BEC Solar Education Programme
- Number of members investing in community-owned solar electric.
- Interest payments received by our members.