We deliver a variety of fun, interactive events that educate and encourage our participants to take action for the environment. These include...
• SCRAPtastic Workshops: Unique workshops using only recycled materials where we engage the community about sustainability issues on both local and global scales.
• fairandfunky School Workshops: Interactive workshops for KS1 and KS2 with three key themes – recycling, the environment, and Fairtrade. The workshops range from creative arts and junk modelling with a difference, to role play and debates.
• fairandfunky School Conferences: Primary and Secondary school conferences during FairTrade Fortnight, and for World Environment Day. We bring together schools from across Yorkshire to ignite enthusiasm for sustainability in pupils and teachers.
• fairandfunky Events: Regular events focusing on our three key themes – Fairtrade, recycling and environment. We work with partner organisations to being sustainability issues to the forefront of community action.
• fairandfunky Resource Shop: We sell SCRAPtastic craft kits and the SCRAPtastic book for schools, community groups and individuals. We also have a small range of Fairtrade products which link to our Fairtrade workshops. Resources for teachers are also in development.
We are more than just an ordinary business. We reinvest our profits to provide free workshops and benefit the community. fairandfunky aims to empower people to take their own steps to change the world. We can all make a difference, and we can start right now.
- By reinvesting our profits we are able to deliver free community workshops, develop a fairandfunky festival, and eventually train and employ local people.
- The number of workshops and events we run, and the number of people who participate.
Read more: https://www.fairandfunky.com