The Eden Project's story
As well as its many environmental visitor site attractions, such as the outdoor garden, Mediterranean and rainforest biomes and nature's playground, the Eden Project also has many other sustainable initiatives. These include:
- The building of a new geothermal energy plant next to the Eden Project site.
- The exploration and education of sustainable alternatives to palm oil.
- A waste system, in which only 4% is sent to landfill.
- The use of recycled water within the Biome's waterfall.
- An ethical, eco-shop.
- The use of all-electric vehicles.
In addition to Cornwall, the Eden Project have also developed a family of international projects, which are unique to their own environment and community. New locations range from Lancashire and Dundee, to Columbia and China.
The Eden Project are also very proud of their membership with Planet Mark as the partnership helps to make the sustainability journey feel accessible and less daunting. Through the membership, they have been able to create and share knowledge, share resources and see how efficient we can be.
Useful learnings from The Eden Project
Start your sustainability journey now.
Share knowledge and learn from others, and we will all be able to do this together.