We are on a mission to reduce air pollution, tackle food poverty, and reduce local consumption of resources. Sustainability and community wellbeing go hand-in-hand, so our initiatives pair environmental and social goals, including fostering a sense of community; reducing social isolation; connecting people to nature for health; and reducing food poverty.
Our projects include managing two growing spaces, local Community Fridges, litter picking, tackling plastic pollution, promoting active transport, and engaging with community groups.
- Community and partnership are key! Our projects are run by the community for the community, with invaluable support from local partners.
- Volunteer contribution is central to the success of our charity - we have around 200 passionate Community Champions who generously give their time to help improve sustainability in Merton.
- Tackling environmental issues goes hand-in-hand with community wellbeing.
- Number of volunteers (Community Champions) and volunteer hours
- Number of Business Champions and businesses engaged
- Amount of surplus food and CO2 saved
- Beneficiaries served
Read more: https://www.sustainablemerton.org/